Saturday, April 28, 2012

1. Thanks for all your remarks and suggestions about job prospects, here and by email. Thanks also for your conviction that I am in fact employable.

2. NewPages has a review of the most recent issue of Sewanee Review and mentions my essay, although I am not exactly clear about whether or not the reviewer believes in what I have to say.

3. Next Saturday, May 5, Harmony School's 8th-grade class is sponsoring a pig roast followed by the public debut of my band, String Field Theory. If you don't eat pork, there will be plenty of other food options, or you can just come for coffee and the show. The pigs were raised and donated by the families involved; an 8th-grade family is in charge of the cooking; Paul and I will be making enormous quantities of potato salad. All proceeds will go toward the 8th graders' trip to Boston . . . and for some of these kids, this will be the first time they've every been out of Maine, let alone to a big city. So if you live locally, please consider coming out to support them. Dinner starts at 5 p.m. in the Harmony School gym; musicians go on stage at 6 p.m.


No comments: